Monday, January 30, 2006

Out of the Darkness

I am so blessed to have true friends that can encourage me no matter how many oceans separate us. I’ve been struggling to love who I am in Christ and not desire to compare myself to others. It’s uphill, but the climb is growing sweeter. The bittersweet weeks of December and January have melted into a meadow filled with the flowers of courage, refuge, and hope. I cried out and He answered, I am safely home and comforted. Gone is the loneliness that is lies and deception in the forest where sunlight rarely reaches Currently I am somewhere in the meadow looking towards the son. I think life is a series of dark times and light times. The darkest hours of in the deepest part of your soul serve to act as a counterforce for the life that Christ fills with joy. It is because of the climb through the brambles and tangles that the growth is sweet, the air is fresh and the bright hopes of tommorrow are filling the sky.

No comments: