Thursday, January 27, 2005

Latin Et Al

I love language. I'm currently learning Latin in my spare time. It's more rewarding than random TV shows and more fun than my Theology text. Learning Latin is an unusual thing for the average 20 something master's student to do in their spare time. I admit this, and yet I choose to spend my spare time engulfed in Latin declensions and verb tenses. Once started, it has become a joy to peruse the Latin Vulgate and actually understand bits and pieces of the text. Indeed, I've never wanted to be normal. Nevertheless, I find myself explaining time again why Latin, so for all those who have yet to ask, but are dying to know. I first have to ask you why do your hobbies? Right, because you like them. Me too. Oh, and my English vocabulary is improved. Carpe Diem.

No comments: